Tuesday 23 April 2013

EARTH DAY. April 22

The celebration of day is an attempt to raise awareness on the problems that Earth faces: pollution, deforestation, global warming, endangered species, and so many others. If no action is taken to protect our amazing  planet, its future (and ours) is destruction.

Watch this interesting video about the oceans. It is narrated by the actress Meryl Streep.




Listen to the appeal of the Prince of Wales for the protection of rainforests.


Visit this astonishing site and move your cursor over the map:

http://www.breathingearth.net/



Some music now: a song by Tom Lehrer, an American singer and song writer.


Don't miss this video by Greenpeace:  Click here.





2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon,
    Great and lovely blog! I would like to congratulate you for your nice work. I am an Algerian English teacher, and this site will be of great help to me.
    Thank you for sharing!
    I wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, dear colleague. I'm really glad you found my blog interesting and useful for your classes.
      Regards!

      Delete